What is 99localads?
99localads is the world's online marketplace for local buying, and selling, exchanging and communicating to other users.
Is 99localads FREE?
Yes, 99localads is 100% free!
Do I have to register to use 99localads?
No. You can browse the site and post items without registration. Registration at 99localads is FREE and the process is very simple:
- Click on "Register" button and you will be asked to provide your basic contact information.
- You are now registered at 99localads!
- 99localads will send a confirmation message with your login and password information to your email address.
Once you have an 99localads account, you can manage your postings and personal information even easier through the 'My 99localads' section of the site.
How do I find an item at 99localads?
You can Browse listings when you're not sure what you're looking for, or when you simply want to explore the range of items on 99localads or in a particular category. Click on Categories and Subcategories and if you find an item you're interested in, just click on the item title.
You can also Search for items when you are looking for a specific item that you can describe using a few words. In this case, simply go to the search box, enter a few words describing what you are looking for, select a category and click the "Search" magnifying glass. A search results page of 99localads listings will be displayed. Review your search results pages and if you see something you're interested in, just click on the item title.
What is My 99localads?
With My 99localads, you can track and manage your 99localads ads, personal account, information, messages, favorites and more from one single, secure location.
How do I post an item at 99localads?
- Click on the "Post a Free Classified Ad" button.
- If you don't have an account and don't want to register yet, just choose a category, and you are ready to post your classified ad. You can also register for an 99localads account by providing your basic contact information. You will then be asked to upload photos, provide an title as well as a description for your ad.
- Immediately after this very fast and simple registration process is complete you are ready to post.
- If you already have an 99localads account, simply login and follow the process.
- Posting at 99localads is FREE.
How do I edit a posting?
If you have an 99localads account, you can edit your own ads through the "Active Ads" option in the My 99localads section of the site. Please go to the item and click the "Edit" button. Once you have made and approved the changes, they will take effect immediately. You can repeat this process any times you like. If you don't have an 99localads account yet, you can also access the same features using the link enclosed in the confirmation email you receive each time you post an item on the site, and with the edit button in the success page at the end of the posting process.
How long will my posting appear on 99localads?
Currently postings on 99localads expire after 180 days. After that, postings will be removed from the site. It is your responsibility to remove ads from the site after you sold your item, otherwise it will be automatically removed after expiration date. You can re-post your ad after removing it from the site if you still offer your item.
How do I remove my posting?
If you have an 99localads account and your item sells or you simply decide to remove it, you can end your ad in the 'Active Ads' option in the My 99localads section of the site. Click on the box to the left of the ad(s) you wish to delete, and then click on the ‘Delete selected ads’ button. If you don't have an 99localads account yet, you can also access the same features using the link enclosed in the confirmation email you receive upon posting an item on the site.
What kind of postings are forbidden / not allowed on 99localads?
99localads prohibits the listing or sale of any items that are illegal, under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation at local, state, provincial, national or international law. The following type of listings are prohibited on 99localads site: Postings of any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", multi-level marketing, distributorship or sales representatives arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an up front of periodic payment, requires recruitment of other member, sub-distributors or sub-agents, or pays commissions only (except for postings that make clear that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling, in which case such postings may be permissible).
What are the things that potentially fraudulent sellers do?
- Ask you to wire money into on International account. Seller may ask you to send payment overseas and will only accept Western Union or another money transfer service (e-Gold).
- List an address that is different from the address on their item detail page.
- Recommend an unfamiliar escrow or payment service.
- Not be up front about the authenticity of items for sale.
- Will not provide you a verifiable telephone number.
- Try to convince you not to use payment services that offers protection (accepted services are those like Escrow.com and PayPal).
- Continuously provide excuses about why you haven't received an item.
- Sell suspect copies of software, music, or videos.
- Refuse to give you a working shipment tracking number.
- Sell an expensive popular item at a suspiciously low price.